Interested in an opportunity with our real estate team? See below for current positions we are hiring for.
Are you a go-getter looking for a bigger life?
We are looking for people with die-hard enthusiasm, a flair for achievement, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. If the idea of negotiating over 100 real estate contracts a year gets your adrenaline going, you should probably keep reading.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for the best of the best! If you want to be part of an award-winning real estate team, working in a high energy environment with excellent income potential, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Sibley Group
We’re a team of specialists serving real estate buyers, sellers, and investors in the Greater New Orleans area. Since 2017, we were ranked in the top 30 real estate teams in Keller Williams Gulf South Region and have been featured in multiple real estate podcasts nation-wide. At The Sibley Group, we intend to be the group of real estate professionals most respected by our colleagues, trusted by clients, and strategically focused on our goals such that we may accomplish great things for our families, clients, and communities.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an ambitious and energetic sales professional to join our sales team, specifically our listing team (selling houses). We are seeking someone who is eager to join a fast-paced, driven, and growth-oriented sales organization. As an sales team member, you will enjoy creating solutions for your clients on the fly, managing a thick book of business, and working with a wide variety of people.
This position has a high impact on our organization, so you will spend up to 3 months training as an Inside Sales Agent before transitioning to Outside Sales. We want to give you every tool we can to enable you to be extremely successful.
• Fast-paced, highly organized, and goal oriented you have likely had big goals your whole life.
• You understand that for everyone to work at a high level, you must work at a high level. You are the definition of Team Player.
• You follow up on your phone calls and emails quickly, you can’t stand to leave things undone!
• You want to find new ways to be more efficient and will eagerly adopt new processes and technologies that will get you to this end.
• You know how to have fun and enjoy working in a supportive and high achieving work environment.
• You are comfortable driving all around the New Orleans area and being in your car 5-6 days a week.
• Prepare for listing client meetings by conducting appropriate research in advance.
• Win new listing clients by presenting The Sibley Group’s unique value proposition, guiding clients to an appropriate home sales price, answering questions, and kicking off the home sale process.
• Establish, develop and maintain positive client relationships throughout the sales cycle, and help clients understand next steps throughout the home sale process.
• Negotiate offers and successfully guide clients through the contract process through closing.
• Advise clients regarding when to make price adjustments or to make other changes.
• Expedite the resolution of client concerns and complaints to maximize client satisfaction.
• Partner with the Marketing Coordinator to adjust marketing strategy as needed.
*YOU MUST LIVE IN NEW ORLEANS, METAIRE, OR KENNER TO APPLY! No exceptions.
• Willing and able to obtain a real estate license. (You do not need real estate experience to apply!)
• 3+ years of experience in the service industry, corporate world, in a sales position OR in a role requiring contract negotiations or managing vendor relationships.
• Excellent selling and negotiation skills. Willing to learn and practice new sales skills.
• Willing to spend 3 hours per day on the phone generating and following up with leads.
• Exceptional communicator, able to adapt your communication style to meet your client’s needs.
• Highly motivated and goal driven, with a proven track record in sales or of meeting ambitious goals.
• Must be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends, and willing to regularly work 40+ hours per week to meet your goals. (Since this is a real estate role, we sometimes have to be available when our clients are available.
• During initial training, nominal base pay
• Full time sales agents can earn between $65,000-$120,000+.
Interested In Getting Your Real Estate License?
Below are the steps to get you on track to becoming a licensed Realtor, as well as costs involved:
- You can either attend an in-person or online pre-licensing school- the costs of which should not exceed $395.00
- Once you pass the end-of-course exam, that will entitle you to make the State/National Licensing exam thru (PSI). Once you pass the State and National Exam, you are licensed as a licensed real estate agent.
- In order to practice real estate sales, you will need to place your sales person’s license with a licensed Real Estate Broker, such as Keller Williams Realty 4550100.
- To become a Realtor, you are required to join a Real Estate Board. ALL of the agents in our Market Center belong to the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors (NOMAR).
- Realtors are required to join the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS), to have access to all of the homes of the market.
- Realtors are required to carry Errors & Omissions Insurance provided by the state.
So How Much Does It Cost To Become A Realtor?
- Real Estate School: $395 (or less; one time fee) or $195-$395 (online course)
- State Application Fee: $90 (one time fee)
- Mandatory Background Check: $39 (one time fee)
- Exam Fee (National/State): $85 (www.psiexams.com)
- NOMAR Board Application Fee: $100 (one time new member fee)
- Annual Board Dues**: $484 (renewed by November 30th of each year)
- Annual Multiple Listing Service Dues: $320 (renewed by June 30th of each year)
- Annual State & License Renewal: $70 (renewed by December 31st of each year)
- Annual Errors & Omissions Insurance (E&O): $136 (renewed by December 31st each year)
TOTAL: $1,719 (Annual NOMAR dues, MLS Dues & E&O are prorated, so it’s usually less)
We hope this answers some of your initial questions about becoming a Realtor. We look forward to meeting you and further discussing this exciting career further! Please never hesitate to call.
Stan Adamcewicz, Team Leader- Stan.Nola@KW.com Wendy Hinyub, Assistant Team Leader- WendyHinyub@KW.com Keller Williams Realty 4550100 504-455-0100